KURINUKI (ZOOM) ONLINE WORKSHOP$55.00
This is a 2h workshop hosted on ZOOM with a demonstration on how to make kurinuki teacups. Kurinuki is a traditional Japanese hand-building method that includes carving out a cup from a solid block of clay. In this workshop, you will be able to make a maximum of 2 cups. For any additional pieces, there is a fee of 10$/piece.
How it works:
- Pick up your kit at Atelier Forma Studio Sunabdy 2-5pm
- You will receive an email inviting you to your ZOOM hand-building workshop.
- Each of your pieces must be numbered on the bottom with the number provided in your kit.
- After your class is complete and your work ready, you will pack your pieces in the box and drop them off at Atelier Forma Sunday 11am -2pm, one week after the workshop Our team will fire your pieces and glaze them with rusty white glaze ( this our choice of glaze that best shows the carvings).
- When your pieces are ready ( 3-4 weeks after drop off) you will receive an email with instructions for the pick up.
The kit includes:
- 1 x canvas piece, 1 x needle, 1 x carving tool, 1x sponge, 1 x carving knife.
- 3 lbs of black clay.
- Glazing and firing of all your pieces by the Atelier Forma team in a transparent glossy glaze.
All tools and work must be dropped off at Atelier Forma studio Tuesday following the workshop. Drop off is on Sunday 11 am-2 pm.
What you need at home:
- A small bowl of water.
- Table surface.
When to pick up your kit:
Sunday 2-5pm prior to the workshop date.
When to drop off your kit:
Sunday 11am -2pm after the workshop
Note: Please note that Atelier Forma does not take any responsibility for pieces that crack during firing.