Atelier Forma provides firing services. To book a kiln for bisque or glaze firing:
- Choose the type of firing + date to pick up the clay from the studio
- Purchase the clay online ( you can choose type at the day of pick up)
We will then communicate for you to bring your pieces to studio for firing.
If you choose to use studio to glaze your pieces, you will receive a separate invoice for studio time + glazing.
Atelier Forma does not take any responsibilities for pieces that crack during the firing. Cracking can occur during drying, bisque or glaze firing.
FULL KILN FIRING WITH OUR TRANSPARENT GLAZE:
40$ BISQUE+50$ GLAZE+40$CLAY+20$ 1h (STUDIO TIME)=150$
ONE SHELF FIRING WITH OUR TRANSPARENT GLAZE:
20$ BISQUE +25$ GLAZE+40$CLAY+20$ 1h (STUDIO TIME)= 105$
- Glazing of your pieces in our food-safe transparent glaze is included in the price of firing.
- If you choose a different type of glaze , there is a fee of 5$/piece.
- For full kiln firing maximum height of pieces is only limited to dimensions of the kiln. These prices do not include glazing of your pieces, see photo.
- Make sure all pieces are fully dry when you bring them.
- If you are using glazes from home you must provide us with information on firing temperature of the glaze. All glazes must be same temperature.
The bottom plus 2-3 mm on the sides of your pieces must be cleaned well ( no traces of glaze ), and left unglazed so they do not stick to the shelf.
- Purchase of the clay is only available with firing services.
Clay from outside of the studio is allowed, but please send us an email to confirm firing temperature.
ANY DAMAGE TO THE KILN CAUSED BY YOUR GLAZES WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.