Atelier Forma provides firing services. To book a kiln for bisque or glaze firing:
- Choose the type of firing
- Purchase the clay online ( choose type of clay the day of pick-up)
When your pieces are ready to be fired send us and email and we will set the date for you to bring your work to the studio.
If you choose to use studio to glaze your pieces, you will receive a separate invoice for the studio time + glazing.
Atelier Forma does not take any responsibilities for pieces that crack during the firing. Cracking can occur during drying, bisque or glaze firing.
FULL KILN FIRING WITH OUR TRANSPARENT GLAZE:
40$ BISQUE+50$ GLAZE+40$CLAY+20$ 1h (STUDIO TIME)=150$
ONE SHELF FIRING WITH OUR TRANSPARENT GLAZE:
20$ BISQUE +25$ GLAZE+40$CLAY+20$ 1h (STUDIO TIME)= 105$
- Glazing of your pieces in our food-safe transparent glaze is included in the price of firing if you clay is purchased at our studio (Studio fee for glazing of your pieces is extra).
- If you choose a different type of glaze , there is a fee of 5$/piece.
- For full kiln firing maximum height of pieces is only limited to dimensions of the kiln. These prices do not include studio time for glazing of your pieces, see photo.
- Make sure all pieces are fully dry when you bring them.
- If you are using glazes from home you must provide us with information on firing temperature of the glaze.
The bottom of each piece, plus 2-3 mm on the side of your piece must be well cleaned, no traces of glaze . It must be left unglazed so that it does not stick to the shelf.
- Purchase of the clay is only available with firing services.
Clay from outside of the studio is allowed, but please send us an email to confirm firing temperature.
ANY DAMAGE TO THE KILN CAUSED BY YOUR GLAZES WILL BE YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.