HAND-BUILDING ONLINE CLASS 6 WEEKS$250.00
This is a six-week class including 4 weeks of Zoom classes, on the day and time that you select, and extra 2 non-supervised weeks to finalize your work and return all the tools to Atelier Forma studio. Recorded video demonstrations and small assignments will be available during the session to follow at your own pace.
This course will centre around the production of functional and sculptural ceramic objects, focusing on the form and the material. Projects include cups, bowls, vases, plates, sculptural and decorative objects. Surface decoration techniques are covered throughout the session. The course is open to all levels - no knowledge of ceramics or sculptural practices required. A maximum of 15 pieces per session allowed. Please see studio rules for more info.
The next session will start May 26th
Tuesday class: May 4 to June 8, 7 pm - 8:30 pm
Teacher: Jeff (EN)
Wednesday class: May 26 to June 30, 7 pm-8:30 pm
Teacher: Tara (FR+EN)
Thursday class: April 15 to May 20, 7-8:30 pm
Teacher: Tara (FR+EN)
How it works:
- Pick up your kit at Atelier Forma studio on Tuesday or Thursday 5-7 pm, a week before your class.
- You will receive an email inviting you to your weekly Zoom hand-building class.
- Each of your pieces must be numbered on the bottom with the number that will be provided in your kit.
- After your class is complete and your work is ready, you will need to pack your pieces in the provided box and drop them off at Atelier Forma studio. Our team will fire your pieces and glaze them with a black matte, transparent glossy or satin glaze. You must clearly specify "B" for black, "G” for glossy or “S” for satin transparent on the bottom of your piece.
- You can drop off your work on Thursday 5-7 pm or Saturdays 11 am-1 pm, after the last day of the 6-week session ( please add a reminder to your calendar).
- When your pieces are ready (3-4 weeks after drop-off), you will receive an email with instructions for the pick-up.
The kit includes:
- 1 x rolling pin, 1 x canvas piece, 1 x wooden rib, 1 x metal rib, 1 x trimming tool, 1 x needle, 1 x serrated scraper, 1 x carving tool, 1 x small brush, 1 x cord, 1 x sponge.
- 10 kg of clay (add a note at the checkout: choose from granite or porcelain). If you do not specify the clay you will receive 5kg of each and will not be able to change the option.
- 5 x jars of underglaze for decorating (black, red, blue, yellow, white)
- Glazing and firing of all your pieces by the Atelier Forma team.
- One plaster mould.
All tools, underglazes and work must be dropped off at Atelier Forma studio Thursdays 5-7 pm or Saturdays 11 am-1 pm after the last day of the 6-week session (please add a reminder to your calendar).
What you need at home:
- A small bowl of water.
- A small knife.
When to pick up your kit:
Tuesdays or Thursdays 5-7 pm, a week before the first class.
When to drop off your work and your kit:
Thursdays 5-7 pm or Saturday 11 am-1 pm, after the last day of the 6-week session (please add a reminder to your calendar).
Note: Please note that Atelier Forma does not take any responsibility for pieces that crack during firing.
Cancellation policy: Space in each class is limited. In the case of cancellation (by the client), 50% of the total amount is non-refundable. The studio reserves the right to cancel the class/ workshop/ subscription at any time, in which case the full amount will be refunded. MAKE-UP CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE. Please make sure the class times work with your schedule.