KURINUKI ONLINE WORKSHOP$55.00
This is a 2h workshop hosted on Zoom with a demonstration on how to make kurinuki teacups. Kurinuki is a traditional Japanese hand-building method that includes carving out a cup from a solid block of clay. In this workshop, you will be able to make a maximum of 2 cups. For any additional pieces, there is a fee of 10$/piece. All levels; Beginners welcome.
How it works:
- Pick up your kit at Atelier Forma Studio.
- You will receive an email inviting you to your ZOOM hand-building workshop.
- Each of your pieces must be numbered on the bottom with the number provided in your kit.
- After your class is complete and your work ready, you will pack your pieces in the box and drop them off at Atelier Forma. Our team will fire your pieces and glaze them with a white glossy glaze ( this our choice of glaze that best shows the carvings).
- When your pieces are ready ( 3-4 weeks after drop off) you will receive an email with instructions for the pick-up.
The kit includes:
- 1 x canvas piece, 1 x needle, 1 x carving tool, 1x sponge, 1 x knife, 1 x trimming tool.
- 5 lbs of black clay.
- Glazing and firing of all your pieces by the Atelier Forma team in a white glossy glaze.
All tools and work must be dropped off at Atelier Forma studio Tuesday following the workshop. Drop off is on Tuesday 5-7pm.
What you need at home:
- A small bowl of water.
- Table surface.
When to pick up your kit:
Thursday 5-7pm prior to the workshop date.
When to drop off your kit:
Tuesday 5-7pm after the workshop date.
Note: Please note that Atelier Forma does not take any responsibility for pieces that crack during firing.