Things to know before booking firing services with us:
- Payment is processed on-site by Interac or credit card, we do not accept cash
- Clay and glaze from outside of the studio are allowed, but you must first confirm with us by providing an image of clay/glaze packaging by email. Please wait for our approval email before coming to the studio.
- For all cone 5-6 glazes, provide unglazed clay slabs that are 10 mm larger than the base under each piece
- Make sure all pieces are well packed when you bring them (to be bisque or glaze fired)
- Glazing your pieces in our food-safe glazes is possible (see fees below). If you wish to glaze your work at our studio, you will need to book studio time before arriving with your work. If you have never glazed before, you will need to book a 1-hour glaze demonstration.
- The bottom of each piece, plus 2 mm on each side must be entirely free of glaze
- Atelier Forma does not take any responsibility for cracked/broken pieces. Cracking can occur at any time during drying, bisque, or glaze firing
- Any damage caused by client work is subject to a fee determined by the level of damage (see below)
- 1 Shelf bisque (cone 05): $30
- 1 Shelf glaze (cone 6): $35
- Glazing your work in our food-safe glazes: $5 / piece
- Studio time: $30 / hour
- 1-hour glaze demonstration: $50
- Kiln damage fee: $40 - $100
Drop-off times for firing services for our studios are:
- 6918 FABRE: Saturday, 10 am - 1 pm.
- 4561 ST LAURENT: Wednesday to Friday 12:30 pm - 3 pm & Sunday 12:30 pm - 3 pm.
Once your pieces are ready, you will receive an email to come to the studio to pick up your work. You have 30 days to pick up your work.