Studio Rules - Health and Safety
- All pieces must be wiped or unglazed at least 5 mm from the bottom of each piece.
- Be careful and avoid contamination between two glazes.
- If the glazes overlap, please keep the second layer above the centerline to account for the pouring of the glaze.
Handling of ceramics and kilns
- All pieces that enter the kiln room must be checked beforehand by the teacher or supervisor.
Access to kiln room is reserved for staff only.
- Avoid sanding your bisqued pieces. If necessary, moisten the surface and sand outside or over sinks with damp sandpaper.
- Avoid creating clay and glaze dust (e.g., do not blow on your pieces, use a sponge to clean dry clay, mop, etc.).
- You will be charged a fee for any damage to the kiln caused by your work.
Cleaning & Sanitation
- Each student/member receives one shelf per session. Please manage your space accordingly, we cannot provide additional space.
- Students and members are responsible for the cleanliness of their workspace and are expected to mop around their wheel/work area, wash and store all tools and equipment used, and wash/dry used plastics/tiles.
- Clean on time to free up space in time for subsequent events.