Studio protocols and safety
- All pieces need to be wiped or clear of glaze at least 1/4” from the bottom
- Be careful to avoid contamination between 2 glazes
- If overlapping glazes, please keep second coat above the midway line to account for glaze running
- All pieces that entre the kiln room must be checked by the teacher or supervisor
- Any damage to kiln shelves, because of your work, will result in a 30$ damage fee charge.
Studio space and health and safety:
- Avoid sanding bisqueware. If needed, dampen the piece and sand outside or over the sinks with wet sandpaper.
- Avoid creating clay and glaze dust. No blowing on pieces.
- Students and members are responsible for the cleanliness of their workspace. Please leave it as you found it.
- wipe down table with wet sponge
- mop floor around wheel/work area
- wash any tools and equipment used and put them away
- wash and dry any plastic or tiles
- Clean up on time as there is usually a class or workshop afterwards.
- Each student/member receives 1 shelf per session only. Please manage the space accordingly.
- Please wear indoor shoes in the winter months
- Masks are to be worn at all times
- Vaccine passports (2 doses) are mandatory