This is a 2h workshop at the studio with a demonstration on how to make kurinuki teacups. Kurinuki is a traditional Japanese hand-building method that includes carving out a cup from a solid block of clay.
This is a perfect workshop for beginners or anyone who has never touched the clay.
Two (2) final pieces ( or 1 large piece) will be available for pick up 3-4 weeks after the workshop. The piece will be glazed with a white glaze.
- If you wish to keep more than 2 pieces, it is possible to do so with the extra cost of 10$/piece. For this piece, you can choose from selected glazes.
- If you wish to change the glaze colour, it is possible to do so with an extra cost of 5$/piece.
Cancellation policy: Space in each class is limited. In the case of cancellation (by the client), 50% of the total amount is non-refundable. The studio reserves the right to cancel the class/ workshop/ subscription at any time, in which case the full amount will be refunded. MAKE-UP CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE. Please make sure the class times work with your schedule.
Tuesdays: 7-9 pm
Teacher: Tara ( English + French)
- Do not show up if you have symptoms related to Covid-19: difficulty breathing, fever, cough, sudden loss of smell.
- Clean your hands with hand sanitizer when entering the studio.
- Keep the 1-2m distance at all times.
- Each person will have their tools and their surface on the table. Use only the tools and surfaces provided to you.
- When you are finished, thoroughly clean and disinfect the tools and equipment you used during the course.
- As of Saturday, July 18th, 2020 masks are mandatory to wear in the studio
Note: Please note that Atelier Forma does not take any responsibility for pieces that crack during firing.