FUNCTIONAL CERAMICS LEVEL 1: 6-WEEKS$345.00
In this six-week course, you will establish a foundation of hand-building techniques to explore the production of functional ceramics for your home, or alternatively sculptural work. With a hybrid teaching model, this course offers 2.5 hours per week of in-studio instruction, as well as the opportunity to continue working from home with an (included) Atelier Forma tool kit. Slab building, coil, pinch and molds will be considered in the construction of plates, pots, cups and bowls.
The first three weeks will focus on the direct application of design principles and building techniques, and the following two weeks will cover sculpture and decorative additions to refine the evolution of your forms. The final class will cover the basics of glazing and finishing methods for your pieces. The techniques and ideas taught may be applied to the production of functional or non-functional ceramic objects.
Please refer to studio rules for the maximum sizes and number of pieces allowed per 6-week session.
Materials included. Families and beginners are welcome. Minimum age: 11 years
Cancellation policy: Space in each class is limited. In the case of cancellation (by the client), 50% of the total amount is non-refundable. The studio reserves the right to cancel the class/ workshop/ subscription at any time, in which case the full amount will be refunded. MAKE-UP CLASSES ARE NOT AVAILABLE. Please make sure the class times work with your schedule.
Friday class: May 27 to July 1, 3-5:30 pm
Teachers: Tara (French+English)
- Do not show up if you have symptoms related to Covid-19: difficulty breathing, fever, cough, sudden loss of smell.
- Clean your hands with hand sanitizer when entering the studio.
- Keep the 2m distance at all times.
- Each person will have their tools and their surface on the table. Use only the tools and surfaces provided to you.
- When you are finished, thoroughly clean and disinfect the tools and equipment you used during the course.
- As of Saturday, May 14th, 2022 masks are optional to wear in the studio